Issuance of Licences for Import/Export of Items Listed in the Custom Prohibition of Import/Export Orders Under the Customs Act 1967
29 Feb 2012 12:34 PM
The import and the export of goods listed under the Custom Prohibition Act 1967 are controlled:
- To safeguard local manufacturers' interest, health and plant life and the national security of the country.
- To take into consideration Malaysia 's foreign policies.
- To ensure that there should be adequate supply of essential goods.
The following goods under the Act require an export licence by MITI:
- Milk and milk products
- Oils and fats of palm oil excluding margarine, imitation ghee shortening and palm kernel oil
- Cement clinker
- Portland cement
- Slags, dross, scalings and similar waste of iron and steel, zinc
- Scrap and other waste of iron and steel, copper, nickel, lead, zinc, tin, magnesium
- Tin slag and hardhead of tin
- Zinc dust, powders and flakes
- Cinematograph film exposed but not developed of 16mm or 35mm
- Roofing tiles
- Textiles to EEC , USA , Canada , Sweden , Norway , Finland and Austria
- Military clothings and equipment
- Unwrought tin, unalloyed ( Tin ingot )
- Billets of iron or non-alloy steel
- Bars and rods, of iron or non-alloy steel
- Stainless Steel Vessels, pumps of medium or large capacity and drivers (gas turbines and electric motors) designed for used in the transportation of crude oil and natural gas and equipment designed for use in crude oil export terminals (to Libya )
The following goods under the Act require an import licence from MITI:
- All goods from the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia ( Serbia and Montenegro )
- Safety helmets except as worn by motorcylists or motorcycle pillion riders
- Automatic cassette or cartridge loaders or parts thereof
- All single colour copying machines, all multi colour copying machines and colour toner cartridge (any colour toner other than black) for photo-copying machines
- Motor vehicles for the transport of persons, goods or materials
- Motor cycles, auto-cycles and cycles fitted with an auxiliary motor
- High speed duplicator including master electronic control, master playback with or without loop pin and slave recorder
- Film or tapes for magnetic recording commonly known as pancakes excluding in cassettes or cartridge
- Substances covered by the Montreal Protocol
- Liquid milk in any form including flavoured milk recombined or reconstituted
- Liquid sterilised flavoured milk including flavoured milk recombined or reconstituted
- Cereal flour
- Activated clay and activated bleaching earth
- Billets of iron or steel
- Alloy steel and high carbon steel
- Stranded wire, cables, cordage, ropes, plaited bands and the like of aluminium wire
- Insulated electric wire, cable, bars and strip and the like whether or not fitted with connectors
- Polymers of ethylene in primary forms
- Polymers of propylene in primary forms
- Heavy Machineries
- Plastic Waste
Application procedures for licence to import/export goods under the Customs Act 1967
- Completion of form J.K. 69 for import applicants and completion of form Customs No. 2 (Principal Custom Area) or form Customs No. 8 (Licensed Manufacturing Warehouse and Free Trade Zone) for export.
- Forms can be purchased from Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad or any of its branches.
Submission of applications
- Completed applications together with relevant supporting documents must be submitted to either MITI Headquarters or any of its branches depending on the type of goods applied for.
- Applicants are advised to check with MITI Headquarters or nearest MITI office branches.