Malaysia has developed a single gateway for trade through the development of National Single Window which has been in operation since 2009. It is an initiative of the Malaysian Government, led by the Ministry of Finance. NSW for Trade Facilitation system is developed, operated and managed by Dagang Net Technologies Sdn Bhd (Dagang Net).
Malaysia's NSW is an electronic approach to facilitate trade and increase efficiency of the Government delivery service by allowing:
- submission of data and information through a single point (single window);
- re-use of data and information;
- synchronised processing of data and information from relevant private and public parties; and
- ultimately ensure the quick and efficient release of cargo from relevant authorities.
The NSW serves as a main gateway for trade in Malaysia and as a platform that provides an effective and economical means for traders to submit their data in electronic format through a web-based application, i.e., myTRADELINK (www.mytradelink.gov.my). This platform enables traders to undertake trade-related transactions and share their data electronically using a single platform with other parties along the trade supply chain in a paperless, e-trading environment.
There are 6 modules in the NSW gateway:
- Electronic Customs Declaration (eDeclare): Preparation and submission of electronic Customs Declarations online;
- Electronic Customs Duty Payment (ePayment): Preparation and submission of Customs Duty payments via Electronic Funds Transfer, Duty Net and FPX;
- Electronic Manifest (eManifest): Submission of vessel cargo manifests to respective authorities by shippers and shipping agents;
- Electronic Permit (ePermit): Application for permits from relevant Permit Issuing Authorities (PIAs) and obtain approval online;
- Electronic Preferential Certificate of Origin (ePCO): Application for Preferential Certificate of Origin and obtain approval online; and
- Electronic Permit Strategic Trade Act (ePermitSTA): Application for pre-registration and permits under the Strategic Trade Act 2010 online.
MITI is the issuing authority for ePermit, ePCO and ePermitSTA.
Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
Last Updated 2018-03-15 10:41:15 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman