A National Single Window (NSW) is defined as a facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardised information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import, export and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic, then individual data elements should only be entered once.
Malaysia's NSW is an electronic approach to facilitate trade and increase efficiency of the Government delivery service by allowing:
- submission of data and information through a single point (single window);
- re-use of data and information;
- synchronised processing of data and information from relevant private and public parties; and
- ultimately ensure the quick and efficient release of cargo from relevant authorities.
There are five elements of NSW services identified for the 1st Phase of NSW Implementation. These services cover:
- E- Declare - all Customs De clara tion forms;
- E-Permit - import/export permits from Permit Issuing Agencies;
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - for online Customs Duty Payment;
- E-Preferential Certificate of Origin - for online application of Certificate of Origin; and
- E-Manifest - for online submission of manifest.
MITI has been selected as the Lead Agency for implementation of NSW.
Last Updated 2017-01-18 17:07:33 by Fauziah Osman