Bumiputera Entrepreneurship & SME Division (BES) was established in May 2009, since the dissolution of the Ministry of Entrepreneur & Cooperative Development (MeCD).
Objectives of BES
- To lead the formulation and implementation of Bumiputera entrepreneurship development policies, programme and activities in the manufacturing and services sectors; and
- To provide a conducive environment to promote the development of quality, vibrant, resilient and competitive entrepreneurs both domestically and internationally.
Role of BES
- To formulate and implement policy and programmes for Bumiputera entrepreneurship development;
- To inculcate capable Bumiputera entrepreneurs to compete locally and globally both in manufacturing and services sectors;
- To coordinate and monitor the policy development and the implementation of Bumiputera entrepreneurship development programmes in MITI and its agencies, both in upstream and downstream activities;
- To increase Bumiputera shareholding equity in the capital market through the allocation of Bumiputera Special Shares; and
- To develop a database for Bumiputera entrepreneurs.
Last Updated 2016-11-24 13:54:27 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman