1. The Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) as the Ministry responsible for trade facilitation in Malaysia, has set up the National Single Window Business Process Reengineering (NSW BPR) Working Group that is responsible to formulate and recommend re-engineering of import and export processes.
2. The Working Group has taken the initiative to discuss with related government agencies and industry associations in identifying the issues and the most common practices for import and export procedures, particularly pertaining to documentation requirements, time taken and the cost involved for import and export processes.
3. The trade industry players in Malaysia, especially at Port Klang have highlighted major issues in import and export procedures that need to be addressed by the authorities concern. Issues raised include the excessive documentation requirements and lack of transparency or unclear import and export process requirements.
4. For this purpose, the Working Group was set up in early 2008 with the objectives to identify the best practices for import and export process flows in order to address gaps or barriers as well as to improve the efficiency of international trade in general.
5. Based on detailed discussions with the industry, the Working Group has developed and identified 18 process flows for nine import and export activities at Port Klang. The process flows comprise of four (4) stages, namely:
1. Document preparation;
2. Customs clearance;
3. Technical control, port and terminal handling; and
4. Inland transportation and handling.
6. The 18 process flows streamlined by the Working Group, based on Port Klang scenario are:
- Full Container Load (FCL) for Import and Export;
- Lesser Container Load (LCL) for Import and Export;
- ZB form for Import and Export;
- Barter Trade for Import, Export and In-transit;
- Roll On and Roll Off (RORO) for Import and Export;
- Liquid Bulk Cargo for Import and Export;
- Dry Bulk Cargo for Import and Export;
Last Updated 2016-12-17 09:23:29 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman