What is Approved Permit (AP)?
Approved Permit (AP) is an import and export license issued by the Permit Issuing Agencies (PIAs) under the Customs Act 1967.
Who are the PIAs?
There are several Ministries that issue AP for their respective/related product:
1. Ministry of International Trade and Industry
2. Ministry of Plantations Industries and Commodities
3. Ministry of Agriculture & Agro-Based Industry
4. Ministry of Works
5. Ministry of Home Affairs
6. Ministry of Health
7. Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation
8. Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government
9. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
10. Ministry of Communications & Multimedia Malaysia
11. Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism
12. Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water
13. Ministry of Modernisation of Agriculture and Rural Economy, Sarawak
14. Ministry of Resource Planning and Environment, Sarawak
How can I contact them?
Contact details of the PIAs are available at : http://www.mytradelink.gov.my/permit-issuing-agency
Which products are subject to AP under MITI?
2. Iron & Steel
Export - 7204, 7404, 7503, 7602, 7802 and 7902.
3. Daily Products
Export - Used Paper
4. Dual Use
Export : CWC Chemicals (under the Strategic Trade Secretariat).
What about other products?
The imposition of AP is based on the HS Code that they carry, which cross-reference can be made through http://tariff.customs.gov.my for guidance.Of such, company is advised to ensure the correct HS Code for their product.
Where can I get the HS Code confirmation?
The HS Code confirmation can be obtained from:
Bahagian Perkhidmatan teknikal (Cawangan Penjenisan, Tarif dan Gubalan),
Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia,
Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia
Aras 6 Utara
Kompleks Kementerian Kewangan
No. 3, Persiaran Perdana
Hotline : 1300.888.500
Tel : +603.8882.2100/2300/2500
Website : http://www.customs.gov.my
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I confirm that the chemical I intend to import/export is subject to AP?
The confirmation can be obtained from:
Chemical Weapons Convention
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Wisma Putra
No. 1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Precinct 2
Website : https://www.kln.gov.my/cwc/
How long will it take to process an AP application?
|Manual (First time application only)||7 working days|
|Online||5 working days|
|Iron and steel||2 working days|
|Heavy Machinery||5 working days|
|Manual (First time application only)||5 working days|
|Online||3 working days|
How long will the AP valid?
The AP is valid for six (6) months.
Last Updated 2016-12-17 10:42:36 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman