Reset Setting Change contrast to brightChange contrast to originalChange contrast to darkChange font size to lower sizeChange font size to original sizeChange font size to large size
MITI's Portal

   Our Services

FAQ - Approved Permit (AP)


What is Approved Permit (AP)?

Approved Permit (AP) is an import and export license issued by the Permit Issuing Agencies (PIAs) under the Customs Act 1967.

Who are the PIAs?

There are several Ministries that issue AP for their respective/related product:

1. Ministry of International Trade and Industry

2. Ministry of Plantations Industries and Commodities

3. Ministry of Agriculture & Agro-Based Industry

4. Ministry of Works

5. Ministry of Home Affairs

6. Ministry of Health

7. Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation

8. Ministry of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government

9. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment

10. Ministry of Communications & Multimedia Malaysia

11. Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism

12. Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water

13. Ministry of Modernisation of Agriculture and Rural Economy, Sarawak

14. Ministry of Resource Planning and Environment, Sarawak

How can I contact them?

Contact details of the PIAs are available at :

Which products are subject to AP under MITI?

1. Vehicle

All (includes motorcycle and commercial vehicle) imported as Completely Built-Up (CBU) and Completely Knocked-Down (CKD).
2. Iron & Steel
Import - 7208, 7209, 7210, 7211, 7212, 7225, 7227, 7303, 7304, 7305, 7306 and 7614.
Export - 7204, 7404, 7503, 7602, 7802 and 7902.
3. Daily Products
Import - Batik, Used Brake and Servo Brake, Used battery
Export - Used Paper
4. Dual Use
Import : Heavy Machinery and CWC Chemicals.
Export : CWC Chemicals (under the Strategic Trade Secretariat).

What about other products?

The imposition of AP is based on the HS Code that they carry, which cross-reference can be made through for guidance.

Of such, company is advised to ensure the correct HS Code for their product.

Where can I get the HS Code confirmation?

The HS Code confirmation can be obtained from:

Bahagian Perkhidmatan teknikal (Cawangan Penjenisan, Tarif dan Gubalan),
Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia,
Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Kastam DiRaja Malaysia       
Aras 6 Utara                                                                
Kompleks Kementerian Kewangan                         
No. 3, Persiaran Perdana                                            
Presint 2

Hotline : 1300.888.500 
Tel : +603.8882.2100/2300/2500
Website :
Email :

How can I confirm that the chemical I intend to import/export is subject to AP?

The confirmation can be obtained from:

National Authority                                                                  
Chemical Weapons Convention                                                    
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Wisma Putra
No. 1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Precinct 2

Fax : +603.8889.4276
Website :  

How long will it take to process an AP application?

Manual (First time application only)  7 working days
Online    5 working days
Iron and steel   2 working days
Heavy Machinery  5 working days
Manual (First time application only)   5 working days
Online  3 working days

How long will the AP valid?

The AP is valid for six (6) months.

Last Updated 2016-12-17 10:42:36 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman

  • Email this page