STRATEGIC TRADE (RESTRICTED END-USERS AND PROHIBITED END-USERS) (AMENDMENT) ORDER 2016
Please be informed that the Strategic Trade (Restricted End-Users and Prohibited End-Users) (Amendment) Order 2016 (2016 Order) was published in the Federal Gazette of Malaysia on 20 June 2016 and comes into operation on 21 June 2016. The 2016 Order which amends the existing Strategic Trade (Restricted End-Users and Prohibited End-Users) Order 2010 (Order) creates a direct link to the official website of the United Nations (UN) which comprises the Lists of the designated individuals and entities established, maintained and updated pursuant to the United Nations Security Council Resolutions (UNSCRs) 1718 (2006) and 2231(2015) against the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran) respectively. The 2016 Order can be obtained here.
2. The designated individuals and entities listed under the UNSCRs 1718 and 2231 are designated as the prohibited end-users under the Order and subject to the following measures:
- Prohibition of export, transit and transhipment of strategic items or unlisted items pursuant to the Strategic Trade Act 2010; and
- Imposition of targeted financial sanctions related to proliferation and travel ban pursuant to the Strategic Trade (United Nations Security Council Resolutions) Regulations 2010.
3. As such, all persons should check regularly the UN’s official website as per the direct link below for the updates to the Lists to ensure that they do not deal with the designated individual or entity in:
- any business or commercial activity of strategic items and unlisted items;
- any transaction involving a property of the designated individual or entity; or
- any transaction related to any property for the benefit of the designated individual or entity.
Last Updated 2017-07-04 15:29:58 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman