Please be informed that the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has passed Resolution 2356 against The Democratic Peoples’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) on 2 Jun 2017. Resolution 2356 imposes sanctions upon 14 individuals and 4 entities from DPRK believed to be supporting DPRK’s nuclear and ballistic missile programme. Resolution 2356 can be viewed here.
2. The Strategic Trade (Restricted End-Users and Prohibited End-Users)(Amendment) Order 2016 here, is directly linked to the official website of the United Nations (UN) comprising the Lists of the designated individuals and entities established, maintained and updated pursuant to UNSCRs 1718 and 2231 against DPRK and Islamic Republic of Iran, respectively.
3. The designated individuals and entities listed under UNSCRs 1718 and 2231 are designated as the prohibited end-users under the Order and subject to the following measures:
- Prohibition of export, transit and transhipment of strategic items or unlisted items pursuant to the Strategic Trade Act 2010; and
- Imposition of targeted financial sanctions related to proliferation and travel ban pursuant to the Strategic Trade (United Nations Security Council Resolutions) Regulations 2010.
4. As such, all persons should check regularly the UN’s official website as per the direct link below for the updates to the Lists to ensure that they do not deal with the designated individual or entity in:
- any business or commercial activity of strategic items and unlisted items;
- any transaction involving a property of the designated individual or entity; or
- any transaction related to any property for the benefit of the designated individual or entity.
Last Updated 2017-06-20 15:59:51 by Azuna Hasbullah atau Abd Rahman