GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION OF MITI’s SUPPORT LETTER FOR APEC BUSINESS TRAVEL CARD (ABTC)
1. Applications can be submitted via mail or courier to the following address:
Ministry of International Trade and Industry
Aras 13, Menara MITI,
No.7, Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.
(Attn.: Regional and International Relations Division)
Applications can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All the documents attached must be scanned in A4 size and in PDF (adobe reader).
2. Please ensure that ‘ABTC’ is written clearly at the top right corner of your envelope. You can also submit your application directly to us by dropping it into the ABTC Collection Box at Level 2, MITI.
3. Applications for support letter should be submitted to the following agencies if your companies are registered with them:
Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM)
Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI)
Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
SME Corporation Malaysia (SME Corp.)
Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia (DPMM)
The Associated Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (ACCCIM)
Malaysian Service Providers Confederation (MSPC)
Malaysian Associated Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (MAICCI)
4. All applications shall comply with the checklist provided.
5. MITI support letters can be collected at MITI every Wednesday from 10 to 11 am or will be courier to the address stated on company cover letter.
6. Kindly note that the applicants will have to deal directly with the Immigration Department Of Malaysia, Putrajaya for the ABTC Card application. However, applicants must attach the original copy of MITI’s support letter to the application for the APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC).
For further information on ABTC Card application, please visit the Malaysian Immigration Department’s official portal at:
7. MITI and Immigration Department Of Malaysia has the right to require further details from the applicants, if necessary and has the right to reject the application.
* Please note that MITI only issues support letters for MALAYSIANS and eligible applicants; i.e. applicants with position in the top management of a company such as Chairman, CEOs or Directors who are directly involved in business negotiations or deals.
Last Updated 2021-02-11 10:12:03 by Fauziah Osman