2022 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy between Malaysia and Japan. The Ministry of International Trade and Industry, as the National Secretariat of the Look East Policy, and the Embassy of Japan in Malaysia, welcome any party to submit event/project proposals to commemorate the Anniversary and the cordial bilateral relations between Malaysia and Japan.
Once the proposal is approved, the organiser of the event/project is entitled to use the phrase “The 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy” and the official logo on the promotional materials for the event/project.
Details of the approval criteria and the application process are as follows:
1. SCOPE OF EVENT/PROJECT
The scope of event/project covers various areas including political science, economic, social, education, sports, science, cultural and arts, academic and tourism.
2. ELIGIBLE ORGANISATION
Eligible organisations include governmental bodies, local authority/government, private company, cultural organisation, research institute, university, school and NGO.
3. PERIOD AND LOCATION
The event/project can be held either in Malaysia or Japan, throughout the year 2022.
4. APPROVAL CRITERIA
- The purpose of the event/project should be to raise public awareness on the Look East Policy and/or promote people-to-people relations and friendship between Malaysia and Japan.
- The approval is applicable for events in Malaysia as well as in Japan.
- If the event/project has any of the characteristics stated below, it will not be approved as an event/project of the 40th Anniversary:
- A commercial promotion of a specific product/commodity or service;
- A campaign of a specific political or religious function;
- An offence against public order or decency;
- An event/project deemed inappropriate by the authorities mentioned in para 6. (1) (hereinafter referred to singularly as “the Authority” and collectively as "the Authorities").
5. APPROVED EVENTS/PROJECTS
- Approved events/projects are given the privilege to use “The 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy” and the official logo on all promotional materials including posters, brochures, websites, social media etc.
- Approved events/projects will be widely advertised through various channels including the website and social media page of the relevant Authorities both in Malaysia and Japan.
6. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Proposal must be submitted by completing the Application Form to the Email addresses below:
For events/activities to be held in Malaysia:
Bilateral Economic and Trade Relations
Japan Information Service
For events/projects to be held in Japan:
Embassy of Malaysia in Japan
Second Southeast Asia Division
- The proposal will be evaluated by the Authority based on the Terms of Reference for the approval of the 40th anniversary events/activities of the Look East Policy.
- The Authority will notify the organiser the outcome of the evaluation via email. If the proposal is approved, the organiser will also receive the softcopy of the official logo of the 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy via email.
7. CONTACT AND ENQUIRIES
Please refer to paragraph 6 (1).
- Application documents will not be returned.
- Enquiries on the evaluation process will not be entertained.
- Please inform the Authority in writing on any changes to or cancellation of the submitted and/or approved event/project.
- The approval shall be withdrawn if the approved event/project has violated the Approval Criteria.
- The Authorities will not assume any responsibility or duty including financial commitment for the approved events/projects.
- The use of the official logo of the 40th Anniversary of the Look East Policy cannot be regarded as an official endorsement by the Authorities.
- It is strictly prohibited to use the official logo for events/projects other than the approved events/projects by the Authorities.
- The Authorities will not be responsible for any loss or damage occurred in relation to the approved events/projects.
- The organiser is fully responsible to ensure that appropriate COVID-19 measures are adhered to during the event/project.