The Government is putting in place a comprehensive roadmap to enhance the nation's exports amid uncertainties in the global market.
The roadmap planned by the National Export Council (NEC) encompasses initiatives that will:
- address the gaps in the export eco-system;
- deepen market access for exporters through market linkers, industry specialists and specialised promotion programmes;
- internationalise and develop resilient Small and Medium exporters via customised programmes such as Go-Ex;
- ram up exports through champions and Mid-Tier companies; and
- improve the coordination of export promotion programmes among export-related government agencies.
These strategic action plans will be aligned with sectors targeted under the Government's 11th Malaysia Plan and the National Key Economic Areas (NKEA).
- The Council intends to enhance exports through better facilitation including:
- improving processes, procedures, regulations and documentation for exports;
- certification requirements; and logistics
Some of these initiatives will be implemented through the National Logistics Task Force that has been established.
It is also inclusive whereby needs of the SMEs in exports will also be looked into. SMEs play an important role in contributing to the nation's exports. Contribution by SMEs to export is still relatively small at 16.9% and is earmarked to grow to a target of 25% by 2020.
For Mid-Tier Companies (MTCs) Development Programme, selected Mid-Tier companies will receive customised assistance to enhance their market access worldwide and to strengthen their export capabilities.
Trends and developments in the digital world create new marketing channels in the e-space. The Government will continue to provide the enabling environment and support for Malaysian companies, especially SMEs to adopt this mode of doing business. Among the initiatives that have been introduced include the eTrade programme, a collaborative effort between MATRADE and Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC). This Programme will provide greater visibility for SMEs through leading international e-marketplaces to generate export growth.
In addition, the Government will enhance efforts to brand Malaysia and to secure acceptability for Malaysian products and services in international markets.
Ministry of International Trade and Industry
6 March, 2015
Ministry of International Trade & Industry
Corporate Communications Unit
Tel : +603 6200 0043
Fax : +603 6201 1632
E-mail : email@example.com
Last Updated 2017-04-05 16:01:48 by Fauziah Osman