• In recent years, Muslim food becomes popular in China. With the rising
standards of living, the requirement of food safety and taste of the Chinese
people is getting higher than before.
• With the successful closing of Beijing Olympic Games and the upcoming
Shanghai World Expo in 2010, halal food is gaining importance to serve
the needs of more Muslim visitors.
• In the past three years, the China’s Muslim food sector has experienced
fast development. Due to the strong demand in China’s mainland, most of
the Chinese Muslim enterprises are now increasing the production scale to
tap the growing market share.
• In recent years, Chinese Halal food and product industry has sustained a
development growth of 10% per year and in 2006, the total Halal food
commerce was more than US$ 2.1 billion. Comparing with the international
marketing, China’s market share only accounted for 0.1%.
• The total value of China’s Halal food exports was less than US$ 100 million.
This... Read More